Tuesday 15 March 2016

visual language: character sheet

I have made rough sketches of my Captian character which has come to a final stage of detailed drawings, here are some drawn sketches i did on paper and used as a guide for my digital line art and colouring.

After getting the structure of the character by creating a character sheet, i tried to correct the sketchy lines on to a digital format. When it came to digitalizng the character and applying colour, i had problems with what colours to use until i decided to look at some examples of butler/servent suits, most images came up with the same colours of black and white which i went with.
here are some examples of the suits:






these examples helped my with colouring my character, the colours make him look smart and capable to do anything which i wanted and the turn out went well. here is the final result of my character:


i love how how my character design turned out, throughout the process of drawing the character and colouring i looked carefully at the reference i researched and try to convey that this character was like a servant in some fashion but was very casual. i also tried to showcase how clack the servant worked on a daily basis in them poses which are consistence and don't show much action besides the last pose where he is catching a tea cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment