Saturday 14 April 2018

Creating the audio for the animations, study task 1

Due to the live briefs, I had undertaken I was slightly behind on my main project so I decided to work on editing the interviews I collected in the Easter holidays, it took several days to edit and decide what parts to include from the interview and then compile them to work in accordance with the timeline I had created. Unfortunately, in the process, I managed to gather 3 minutes only from my dad's interview which was not as intended.

This 3 minutes only include two parts of the story I wanted to showcase in the animation which was the history of Iraq and what happened, then the journey from Iraq to England. I thought I was going to also include parts from the other interview but I decided not to as it will ruin the continuity of the story. The audio was captured only from 15 minutes and put into 3 minutes.


You can see all the parts I've included from the lines separating each audio clip.


This whole process was tedious but since I knew how to use Audacity I had only encountered a few problems, such as reducing the volume of some words using fade in and out to keep it flowing, this really helped with the pacing and the timings worked with the storyboard I initially made. I may redo the storyboard a little when I create the animatic.





No comments:

Post a Comment