Sunday 26 February 2017

Applied animation week 4

This week I listened to the silk road podcast and found it very informative and specific as the people who were talking about the silk roads development from it's beginning were all experts in the field as historians. They touched upon Marco polo and his involvement of trading in his time, they also discussed some battles that occurred such as the "Battle of talas" in 751AD where the Arabs and Chinese fought resulting in the Arabs (mostly Muslims) winning the combat and taking over the silk road which I found very interesting as I'm a fellow Muslim, so I researched about Islam Silk Road and found many articles that talk about the influence that Islam had over on the Silk Road Providing many benefits to everyone. Here's a link to the podcast http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00p315t

Here's a book that I found called "The new Silk Road":

 

This seems like it would be a good read and I would like to find out more about what Islam has brought to the Silk Road. I've talked to the team and it seems like we are going to do some new research into the Silk Road and it's different events, Grace found some information such as where it all started with a Silk Goddess and both Rey and Grace are developing character concepts which I look forward to seeing next week. I hope to find as much information as possible and it is now clear what we want to develop for our animated documentary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment