Sunday 27 November 2016

weekly 8

moved onto shot three with the phone sequence.

The beginning of week 8 or rather half way through (since i was busy ) i had to move on to my other scenes and from looking at my story board i could see that i had to do the phone sequence which I planned in my head in advance as to what i need to do in order to achieve the effect, started to gather my own references,

The first bit of reference i gathered was the screen text message, i just looked at my phones message app and made something that looks similar, here was the end result:

from this i continued onto animating the typing animation which i referenced from Facebook's typing animation when someone is going to send a message since this sequence needed to showcase the friend sending another message that reveled the title of "last chance" within the message. 

here is a the typing animation which is going to be placed at the bottom left of the screen, this was simple to do because all i did was make one ball move up and down which was done all straight ahead and then copied the animation folder twice and moved it across, 
heres a screen shot of the timeline:


All i had to do was move the key frames so that the circles all started at different moments and the exported it ready for the phone sequence which i will edit into in after effects.

I then recorded myself picking up a phone and bringing it to the screen  as i needed it for reference, which really helped as i only needed to do one frame and tween or rather copied the one frame into the timeline.

here is the recording of the of picking up the phone and my version of the phone being picked up or rather brought into the scene:






Using my own references are very useful because i can showcase some reality into my scenes which can be simplified but still give the effect of being real to the audience.

hopefully by next week i should be able to place the phone screen onto this sequence, one of my friends gave me some advice as to what i should do when placing the screen onto the phone which is to make the screen a 3d object and that should allow me to move it around and fit it to the screen. not much progress so far with only ten seconds of unfinished animation but hopefully should be able to get alot done next week and done by the deadline.











No comments:

Post a Comment