Sunday 23 October 2016

Telling Tales week 3

At the start of this week I had some complications with getting to a final semi realistic face with hair style, I'm almost sissified with the result which i think i will be able to animate and pull of. I might have to develop the character a little further if i need to change the character a little to suit the bus idea situation, for now I've chosen to stick with this designs below:



Which I think is easy and simple looking to animate, I've also tried to learn or rather investigate into expressions by gathering some photos on my pinterest, showcasing semi realistic drawings which should help me throughout showing my characters emotion towards the situation she currently is in.

Also during last week I discovered a concept artist who made a art book which held 365 drawings which he did everyday for a year. each drawing took about 2 hours according to his Q&A page in his book where he explains the process of how he gets the idea and pushes his self to produce an almost finished piece. This book gave me a lot of inspiration and i decided that id like to create a quick concept background for this brief and try to figure out what colour i could use when it comes to making the background of my animation. here is that example:


Whilst producing this concept i learned a lot about what effects i could produce if i blurred the background and added light effects to different objects in the scene. There is still a lot to learn yet I'm confident that i know how the backgrounds would look like in the final animation. here are some images that inspired me whilst drawing that concept from Atey.


As I progress I am hoping to try and understand my surroundings as to where my animation is going to take place, which is actually near my local bus stop since the area has a nice composition. Here are some photos i took of the bus stop i take every day:


like Atey's drawings i want to try to make the background stand out by using strong saturation and understand lighting and shadows.  19/10/16

I've come up with some interesting designs for the character which i think could improve the comedy, here are some which id like to develop or scrap unless it does not fit the look I'm going for exactly. here are the designs:




i hope to produce more clothes design trying to finalize my character for next week, so that i can get feed back as to what i need to do to make it her suited for the situation. 

I had to redefine the storyboard and changed it a little to include a small back story so the animation has a narrative as to why this female character is taking the bus. Here is the defined storyboard which I will place into the A3 storyboards later on since its not fully completed or is a final storyboard.

Plot explanation: a female is waiting at a bus stop and receives a message form a friend which informs her that its her last chance to get to this particular place, she also sends a photo of this place. As the character reads this message the bus she wants to catch comes by and does not stop, this is because she did not raise her hand, in a second attempt she raises her hand but the bus goes by because its out of services, on her 3rd attempt the bus stops. she enters and it is crowded or rather filled with people. As the bus moves, it struggles to move any further which stops the female character from reaching her destination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment