Wednesday 17 May 2017

Applied animation week 16 (final week)

With only three day left I quickly moved on to editting my dads voice as it was important for the animation, I basically went through both audio clips selecting which was the best version of each sentence and placed it in the time line, I did this with Rey so that I had a second opinion on what sounds better. After selecting the best sentences I placed it all together and changed the pitch and speed to make it lower voice for pitch and then sped it up with speed to get it close to his original voice. the purpose for this is so that I can speed up the audio as it was 2 minutes and 49 seconds long which does not fit our timings for our animation which is a lesson for the future, to make sure that I record the voice with the anamatic open for the voice actor. After speeding it up and taking gaps out of the audio I was left with a 1 minute and 55 second audio clip which I passed on to Grace as she was compositing everything together.

All of this was done on audacity and did not take to long to do, allowing me to continue with animating the closing book scene which surprising didnt take to long as all I had to do is draw the page falling down and fitting to the reverse opening sequence of the book which I did struggle with at first as I had no idea which frame I had to combine my page falling to. so I set up a few ruler lines to guide me which was all lined up with the reverse book opening:


After that was done which did take a bit of tie since I had to match it up correctly so it would transition properly, this is what it looked like.



I also forgot to mention that I added the name of the book for both sequences.

All that was left to do for animating was the leaves flying ou of the page and then falling which I decided to do on after effects as I wanted to use the assets that grace made of the leaf, this was a difficult task as I had to constantly duplicate the leaves, key frame it and pre compose them in after effects, heres the process,


After completing this sequence I sent it off to Grace so that she can add the sequences in the animation, little did I know that when I saw the animation so far I found a few mistakes that I informed Grace about and that she said she would fix when she has everything done, I did help them with how each scene should look like and how it should transition, and I'm happy that we have finished this animation on time.

I loved the music choice and sound effects Grace added to the animation helping with the flow of my Fathers narrator voice in the process. 

Here is the final animation:




this is the compressed version, the HD file is too big so I will place the video in the submission folder.


To finish this project of Grace and Rey took the roles of making the DVD screener and Preskit, I helped both of them with deciding what images we should use and how we should present it, and here is the examples of the final thing:


(this also was the cover for the dvd pack)


And this ends our project, it was a fun project but many problems occoured for myself and the team because of time management, hopefully this animation is good enough to submit to festivals but after we clean up a few mistakes here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment