Sunday 14 May 2017

Applied animation week 15

I started this week off with the keyframe animation for the book scenes, where I first did a test of what I think or how I think the book should look like and how it will open. I informed my teammates to continue with creating the assets and backgrounds so that they are ready to be animated by all of us.

Here is the test I conducted which I found very easy to do:


I made a few mistakes here and there in terms of resolution but that was all quickly sorted once I realised I was working on the wrong canvas size.

On the program, I was using called Clip Studio Paint, they have a perspective ruler, and this is how I was able to make sure that the book opened correctly, here's a screen shoot to demonstrate the ruler in action as it not only helped with the process of making the book but it helped me creating the background;


So I moved on to creating the line art of the draft animation with the background lines which I then gave to Rey to do the in-betweens and here is the example:


no in-betweens

with in-betweens

Rey mentioned to me that it was a little difficult at first to in-between the lines I created but he managed to do a great job!

from this, I moved on to placing the base colours with shading and highlights and here is how the first frame looked like with this new colouring technique I adopted over experimentation with some previous illustrations I made:


I continued colouring like this throughout the sequence and I'm so proud that I managed to complete my first colour animation of the year and here is the final version of the book opening:



Since this was all keyframed I had a bit of difficulty with the transitioning to white but I managed to do it using a dark purple gradient as you can see in the final example above, all that's left to do is make the leaves flying off the paper and falling down and then create the closing book sequence which I hope to do next week. I also have to edit my father's voice as I've recorded him twice with different voices, I plan to get it all done by next week hopefully before the deadline and also help the team out with anything that's left to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment