Thursday 6 April 2017

Loopdeloop chicken

The theme for this months (March) loopdeloop is "Chicken". During March I thought I would have the chance to create something to submit but unfortunately, I missed the deadline again. But apart from that, I had an idea for the theme, the idea was making two people in cars play chicken, and as they are heading towards each other a chicken appears on the road, ending with the two drivers having to swirl around to the other side they were facing. I loved the fact that I included 2 concepts that people can relate or reference too, the 2 concepts being "why did the chicken cross the road?" and "let's play chicken, or are you afraid?".

After coming up with the idea, I immediately came up with a small description of the concept and created some storyboards. here are the storyboards:




as you can see the storyboard is very long but that's to keep the anticipation before the surprise of the chicken crossing the road.

After the completion of the storyboard, I didn't have time to start on it straight away as I had to focus on my other work resulting in limiting my time to create the animation and submit. Final week of the deadline approached quickly, I had to change my idea as it was too complex and would take a while to finish, I discussed with a friend about an idea I just came up with which developed into a ninja chicken, it was a very simple concept of a ninja chicken using a staff to dodge the rocks attacking been thrown at him, I only had 3 days to quickly make the animation.

Creating a style that was simple enough to animate was quite easy since I already had a reference to the chicken I drew in the storyboard above. As it was a simple shape I managed to draw quickly but not quick enough to complete it for the competition. here is the result of what I got done, and should consider finishing for my own benefit:



What I've learned from this, is that I really need to organize my time for the animation work I need to do, I've realized that this style I've developed or rather learned, is simple and quick to produce, and has open my variety to styles I should consider, as it will help with getting animations and concepts done on time.

art board:

No comments:

Post a Comment